Leeds Mathematics School has transformed an iconic building that has been at the heart of Leeds for over 100 years. This redevelopment positions LMaS as a key element of the transition of the Leeds city and region to a centre of academic and economic strength.
Behind our beautiful 19th century exterior is an inspiring 21st century sixth form college. Our building has been completely refurbished: the architecture was stripped back to the walls, and then everything inside has been newly designed and built to create a stunning learning environment.
- Spacious classrooms designed for modern learning
- Fully-equipped science laboratories
- Double-screened computer science workstations
- A 100-seat lecture theatre with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities
- A large hall with potential for use by our charitable community partners
- Seminar rooms for university-style learning
- Spacious study areas for individual or collaborative study
- An on-site fitness suite
- Two dining and refreshment areas serving hot, healthy and competitively priced food and drinks.
LMaS is on the corner of The Headrow and Albion Street. It is within a short walking distance from all the major transport links into Leeds city centre. There are excellent travel options for any student who wants to join us. Many of these are free or heavily subsidised for students in Years 12 and 13.